Dental Implants in Edmond, OK
If you’re missing two or more teeth, you may feel self-conscious about your smile. However, dental implants can restore your smile. Some of the benefits of dental implants are that they look like natural teeth, restore your healthy smile, replace teeth lost to accident, illness, or disease, and prevent future dental problems. If you’re concerned about the appearance of missing teeth or need to have a tooth extraction, contact us at Bright Smile Family Dentistry to learn more about the benefits of dental implants. We offer reliable, affordable dental implants in Edmonton, OK. Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a safe, effective dental prosthetic meant to replace your natural teeth. Your dentist may recommend dental implants if you have lost teeth due to accident, illness, or injury. Each dental implant consists of a metal post, abutment, and artificial replacement tooth, and two or more dental implants can be joined together to create a dental bridge. The metal post is implanted into your jawbone, and the prosthetic tooth is attached to the abutment and screwed into place. Each prosthetic is carefully crafted to match the color, size, and shape of your natural teeth, so they are undetectable as prosthetics. In addition to improving the appearance of your smile, another key benefit of dental implants is that they protect your mouth and jaw from future dental problems related to your missing teeth, like shifting and misalignment.
The Five Benefits of Dental Implants
The benefits of dental implants extend beyond just aesthetics. If you’re missing more than one tooth, you’re at risk of your remaining teeth shifting over time, causing misalignment and crooked teeth. Your bite is also affected by missing teeth, and you may suffer from jaw pain, difficulty eating, and difficulty talking. Here are the five main benefits of dental implants:
- Replace lost teeth in a natural-looking way – Of all of your options for replacing missing teeth, dental implants are the most natural-looking option. Your prosthetic teeth will be designed by experts in a dental lab and will match the size, shape, and color of your remaining natural teeth so people won’t even notice they’re prosthetics. Dental implants resist staining, so you won’t have to worry about maintaining their color and appearance. Dental implants are also permanent, unlike dentures, and can be cared for as you do your natural teeth.
- Prevent misalignment and other dental problems – When you have more than one missing tooth, your other teeth shift to make up for the extra space. This can cause issues with your teeth, like misalignment, that affect your comfort and oral health. Over time, missing teeth that aren’t replaced may lead to jaw issues and increase your risk of other oral health problems.
- Correct your bite – It may be hard to eat certain foods if you are missing teeth. Dental implants can correct your bite, making it easier to eat your favorite foods.
- Improve speech – It may be hard to speak, or hard for others to understand you if you’re missing teeth. Many people experience difficulties with speech with dentures, as well. With dental implants, you won’t have any trouble speaking or being understood.
- Best long-term option for tooth replacement – Because dental implants are permanent, they are your best long-term option for tooth replacement. With the proper care, your dental implants can last the rest of your life. If they do need to be replaced, it’s simply a matter of removing the current prosthetics from the abutments and placing new ones.
Dental Implants Are Your Best Option
In order to prevent further dental issues and restore the health and appearance of your smile, dental implants are your best option. Dental implants are a safe, durable option for replacing teeth in a natural-looking, comfortable way. Rather than requiring removal to clean, eat, or sleep, dental implants are permanent and can be cared for the same way as your natural teeth. Unlike dentures, which can be uncomfortable or painful and shift while eating or talking, dental implants are fixed and undetectable. Dental implants make it easy to restore your smile.
Contact Bright Smile Family Dentistry for Dental Implants
If you’re concerned about the appearance of your smile and want to prevent future oral health issues, contact us at Bright Smile Family Dentistry today. We can discuss your options for tooth replacement and dental prosthetics, and discuss the benefits of dental implants. We understand that each patient has unique needs and desires, and we’ll work closely with you to find the cosmetic dentistry option that works for you. If you’re concerned about the cost of dental implants, we offer valuable dental coupons and discounts, and we accept most PPO dental insurance. To learn more about our dental services or schedule an initial consultation or exam, call us today or contact us online.