Getting dental implants can be a big decision for patients because of the expense and the amount of time it takes from start to finish. While other options are available, they may not give you the same results as implants. Here are 5 benefits that may convince you to opt for dental implants.
- Maintain Healthy Bone. Implants can protect your jawbone from losing bone mass, which in turn will protect your other teeth and provide better function.
- Easy to Maintain. Since an implant is permanent, you can brush and floss as you would your other teeth. You should also continue seeing your dentist for regularly scheduled cleanings every six months.
- Longevity. While dentures, crowns, and bridges may need to be replaced over time, dental implants have a proven track record. They are a more durable and long-term option for restorative dentistry.
- Like the Real Thing. Dental implants are the closest thing you can get to your real adult teeth. If you want a more comfortable solution that works well with your existing teeth, go for the implant.
- Better Quality of Life. You can chew, talk, and smile normally with dental implants. Enjoy your favorite foods and time with others without anyone knowing you have an implant.